After years on not being on the satellites I am trying to be active a little again. I have installed the trial version of SATPC32 12.8b in order to automatically correct Doppler in the rig and it works fine for 5 to 10 minutes, but then it stops updating the frequency in the transceiver. No error message or something, it just stops updating the frequency.
- Rig is an IC-9100
- OS is Windows 10 64 bit
- CAT is connected using the IC-9100 USB port (Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge)
Some tests I have already made and additional information:
- The drivers I had for the CP201x were old. I have updated them with the latest, but without luck.
- I have tried running SATPC32 as administrator, without changes.
- When the Doppler correction fails, the CAT communication is still working. For instance I can change CW/SSB using the C+/C- button.
- The only way to make it work again is to reconnect the IC-9100, so that the COM port is created again in Windows, and obviously restarting SATPC32.
- Years ago I remember I tried version 12.8b , in Windows XP, and Doppler correction was working.
- When I use the CAT communication in the same PC with the logbook program, there are no issues.
Before you tell me that I should try version 12.8c, I have already done it and it is worse: for instance, it not even changes the frequencies in the rig when changing from one satellite to another, although CAT communication has been stablished.
Anyone using SATPC32 on Windows 10 64 bit together with the IC-9100, with success?
Any idea of what to try next?
Is there some other program that I can use for Doppler correction?
73. Gabriel - EA6VQ