I wanted to remind everyone that there will be an ARISS contact today with the East Coast Chapter Tuskegee Airmen, Inc., Youth In Aviation Program (ECCTAI YIAP) and the Oxon Hill High School, Oxon Hill, Maryland through the K6DUE telebridge station located in Greenbelt, Maryland. Contact time should be starting around 12:40 Eastern Time (16:40 UTC).
Listen in on 145.80 MHz.
Questions from the students follows.
73, Frank Bauer, KA3HDO
1. Monika: What influenced you to concentrate on aerospace propulsion and lightweight structures?
2. Zion: Was going into space a goal, or did the opportunity arise and you found it interesting?
3. Aric: How did your experience being a fighter pilot help you adapt to being astronaut?
4. Jeremy: What would you do in the event harmful gases are detected on the space station?
5. Hannah-1: What are some things that you go through to be trained to become an astronaut?
6. Terrence: What new technologies are being tested, and how soon will they be available to the general public?
7. Hannah-2: Due to the gravitational change, is it harder to complete experiments in space than it is on Earth?
8. Philip: What will the International Space Station, especially your expedition, do to prepare for the Commercial Crew Program?
9. Deborah: Is it hard to integrate with all the other international astronauts that live on the space station?
10. Ari: How can NASA send probes into space without them colliding into space junk?
11. Amira: What does it feel like after launch when leaving Earth's atmosphere?
12. Anthony: How do you think current reseach will affect future space expeditions?
13. Monika: Since the launch, have you experienced any trouble with the ISS?
14. Zion: Does each crew member work on all the experiments, or are the experiments assigned to members based on experience in that field?
15. Aric: During the 2.5 hours that astronauts exercise, what type of exercises are included in the Integrated Resistance and Aerobic Training Study?
16. Jeremy: How effective is the Functional Task Test to determine the physiological impairment after long space flights?
17. Hannah-1: What was the most influential factor in deciding to become an astronaut?
18. Terrence: What is your daily work schedule like, and how many hours of sleep do you get?
19. Hannah-2: Through what educational training did you go in order to prepare yourself for the space program?
20. Philip: What is the future for the International Space Station, and human spaceflight in general?
21. Deborah: How do you train to live without gravity?
22. Ari: How does the microgravity environment on ISS affect your ability to smell and taste?
23. Amira: What were some of the negative effects you experienced because of prolonged space flight?
24. Anthony: Of the current experiments, how many do you expect to complete while you are onboard the International Space Station?