Point of view concerning effective representation of radio amateurs
all over the world,
In the XXI century the IARU needs to modernize their rules and Constitution and the old resolution 93-3.
1. The constitutional obligation of all IARU member Societies is represent adequately the interests of radio amateurs throughout their country and autonomous or separate territory.
2. Is an imperative for the XXI century, the modernization of this concept of «national society» and change to other Constitution of national federations or national confederations, to include all the national, regional and local associations, NGO, leagues, groups, gangs or clubs.
3. That in some democratic countries, like in European Union, the National Constitution of each state assumes the non-obligation to participate in associative movements and the freedom of choice to affiliate in any national, regional or local association. In freedom countries there are radio amateurs who are members of other national associations and non-governmental and non-lucrative organizations that works for education and development of science and technology trough the Amateur Service and Amateur Satellite Service, with other goals non-sportive like the DX and contests on short-wave bands.
4. Because in European Union and other freedom countries there are radio amateurs who are members of other organizations, in general, the present IARU «national societies» represents only a minority between 10 to 35% of all this national amateur radio cultural movements actives in each country.
5. IARU in Region 1 is to be missing representation and financial resources since 1980.
6. IARU in the future to promote and defend all the interests of radio amateurs throughout the world at international telecommunications conferences it is necessary for the IARU to speak on behalf of all worldwide radio amateurs, needs change the Constitution, to include non the old concept of «national society» but the new national federations or confederations, democratic representatives of large associative national movements of amateur radios.
7. Because is very important to the future of education and development, of culture of science and technological trough the Amateur Radio and Amateur Satellite Service have in all the World a common voice speaking on behalf of radio amateurs to each administration.
Since the old IARU resolution number 93 from 1993 (at 15 years ago) in European Union and all over the world, the «national societies» of IARU not draw the attention of the regional and local organizations to the fact that for member Societies to meet their constitutional obligations (and rights) they should pass to such other national organizations and entities all the adequate information and duty of participation as to the actions of the IARU, and encourage such of this national and local organizations to respond to them in respect of worldwide Amateur Radio and IARU matters, for this motive of exclusion, imposed by the «national societies» all the regional and local associations to come short from the IARU, not contribute in equal duty and obligations to the development of the Amateur Radio and Amateur Satellite Service.
IARU needs are integrated inside the others national, regional and local organizations to take such action in respect thereof as is appropriate and an important step for the freedom and democracy.
A point of view, by AMRAD (AMSAT-CT)