Hello to the group.
The AO-7 log resource statistics page has now become a farce thanks to a *LOT* of sloppy and incorrect entries - (don't people look !! at what they enter?).
W7LRD with tripple entries for N6PAA at 02:17, 02:19 and 02:21...
(the instruction page *DOES* explain how to correct a false entry)
KN2IF reporting the transponder as OFF while others are working through it, DM9LSB's double entries - (all on the same day too).
Such sloppy entries ensure that the statistics are *NOT* correct ... which of course defeats the object of the exercise ... in other words ... it's a complete waste of time if you don't take the trouble to fill in the log correctly.
73 John. <la2qaa(a)amsat.org>
Apologies as it might seem as if I am pointing out something which you have
Apart from the clock setting which has been mentioned two other main factors
are common things that I have found users to have wrong.
The kep set being accessed by the programme is not reading from the correct
source in your set up.
The location of the user has not been set identical for each programme and
in some cases has even been the default setting!
You will find slight very minor differences between software but not to the
extent that you appear to be getting results for.
To find out which programme is correct for your location try using the
Amsat web page which will give you either live tracking or predictions for any
amateur satellite. Again make sure that you do put in your correct
location ( either LAT /LONG or grid square and convert this)
Good Luck I am sure that it is something very obvious.
I noticed something strange tonight...
I was running Satscape version 8.2.17 beta and Orbitron 3.17 and I was
getting two *VERY* different locations for AO-51. I had updated the keps for
both programs tonight.
Time: 03:22:19 UTC Saturday 1 March 2008 (Shown on both programs)
AO-51 Location (Satscape 8.2.17 beta):
Latitude: 007.7664 South
Longitude: 117.0110 West
Latitude: 69.5008 East
Longitude: 42.5000 North
Kent R. Frazier, K5KNT